Birds Beak shelving

birds beak supportI saw this picture circulating around recently from an article Martha Stewart did last year on kitchens. She called this the "bird's beak" style supports and said it was and old carpentry method. I have to admit, I'm quite smitten by it, although I do worry that it would be a huge dust collector. A quick search online only brings up references to the Martha Stewart article.  Has anyone else seen this detail used elseware? Does it have another name? Love it or hate it?

Via Martha Stewart

Please excuse me while I pay some bills...